A Christmas Tree in the Kids Bedrooms
Christmas is almost upon us and it's a time of magic and wonder for the whole family, especially children. Help the kids turn their bedrooms into their own Christmas crackers! Decide on an age-appropriate Christmas tree, and add the Christmas themed decor:
• Very young children, a plush tree, or plush Christmas characters
• Young children, a paper tree-poster and sticker ornaments
• Tweens and teens, a small battery operated LED tree
• Older teens, a waist high Christmas tree to decorate
Christmas decorating doesn't need to be expensive. Recycle items from last season, including leftover tinsel, wrapping paper, ribbons, ornaments, and cards. Get your Christmas decorating hat on, and turn kids bedrooms into festive Christmas-themed wonderlands.
Christmas Trees and Magical Christmas Decorating
• Linen and bedding - Give the bedroom a Christmas theme with brightly decorated and festive bedroom linen sets. Accessorise with a couple of festive pillows decorated with snowflakes, reindeers, Santa Claus and the elves.
• Mobile hangers - Add colour and fun to the bedroom by making a Christmas mobile. Decorate with plastic craft cones, paper snowflakes, candy canes, elves and snowmen - use their favourite images of Christmas.
• Wooden letters - Find some wooden letters at your local hardware, or craft store. Kids can help choose the words they want, for example "Snow" or "Cheer". Paint and decorate the letters at home.
• Colour and cut out shapes - Download and print colouring pages of gingerbread men, elves, snowflakes or candy canes. Create a bunting with a ribbon and hang a series of cut-outs. Tape the shapes to windows, but be careful not to use tape on timber, or painted surfaces
• Re-decorate Christmas tree baubles - Re-paint old Christmas ornaments, or cover round styrofoam Christmas tree globes in strips of Christmas wrapping paper. Tie festive ribbons on the Christmas tree.
• Count down to Christmas - Make an advent calendar from free templates found online. Kids can help choose the templates and characters like snowmen, reindeers and elves
• Wrap pretend gifts - Empty cereal boxes, and tissue boxes wrapped in Christmas paper can be used as fun props underneath the bedroom Christmas tree
Even a minimalist decorator can have fun with a few of the many Christmas decorating ideas. Unravel those ribbons, tangle with the tinsel, stick on the snowflakes, and create a magical Christmas theme in the bedroom.
Happy Christmas Decorating!